Friday 12 September 2008

Right, suppose I'd better put up some background info on where I'll be fishing really, incase anyone who may actually read this doesn't get lost when I start proper.

The fishery has two lakes, the New Lake (or lake 1) and the Old Lake (lake 2), I will try and put some pictures up, but I only have a camera phone so I apologise for the quality of them now! Both lakes are nice and mature, as far away as you could get from some muddy holes infact. Lake 1 is kinda doughnut shaped, but with a couple of wider pegs where you can't reach with the pole. Most pegs prob need around 16m to fish across, except peg 11 which is about 11m wide, but I never draw it! It's the more mixed lake of the two, with a fair head of silvers and crucians and an odd tench. It is however carp that are needed to win, going from a few ounces upto double figure munters, and there are a few of those!

Lake 2 is a long triangle shape, with an island at the wide end. It's generally more coloured than lake 1, and is predominantly carp, but there are a few crucians and silvers. This year there have been alot of 'nuisence' baby carp, a pain now but great for a couple of years time. The average stamp is probably just over 3lb, but again there are a fair few double figure beastie's, including some whopping great big ghosties!

I think that this Sunday the match is on lake 1 (they tend to be alternated for the opens, unless a club has booked one), and my last 2 matches on there I've done well, winning with 54lb 8oz to pellet across and then being ounced into 3rd with 46lb odd fishing mostely meat in the margins. Anyhow, I'd hope to have a good day but either way the result will be up here for all to see!

No comments: