Wednesday 15 April 2009

More Of The Same!


After the struggle of the Friday I started Monday with renewed optimism and the hope of a few bites! For some reason I went into the draw queue early, something I rarely do as I prefer to draw quite late. As I put my hand into the bag I said I would be happy as long as I didn't draw around the back of the island and when I saw what I had I wasn't happy! peg 59 was in my hand, the next peg along from where I sat on Friday!
I sat my box down at the peg and decided that I wouldn't fish the pole across as the fish that swim across on the far side defiantly spook from the pole. I put up my 10ft Puddle Chucker with a small method feeder, hoping to get an odd fish as they went past. As the only place I'd caught on the next peg a few days previous was down the track I decided to fish two lines here, feeding one as I did before and one more sparingly. I could fish a bit further on this peg, just as it had started to slope up. You can't do that really on 57 as it's like a cliff wall going up to the far bank! I was a bit happier with this and hoped to do better! I also had a rig up for down the margin to my right. The rigs were the same as Fridays!
To cut a long and pretty boring story short the only line I had a bite off was the more generously fed line down the track. The tip gave just one liner, and that was a cruising fish that I could see. I had 3 carp for exactly 10lb and missed two very sharp bites on the same line, not sure if they were roach or that I was not expecting them as they were few and far between! To make matters worse I couldn't listen to my little radio, as I like to when not getting many bites, as the batteries were dead as it must have got knocked back on or not turned off properly last time. Normally I have spare batteries in my box but for some reason I didn't!
The lake as a whole didn't fish that well, 22lb won and 16lb was good enough for 3rd so had I not missed those bites or had I managed to winkle a fish or two from another line a frame place was achievable. Never mind, there's always next week!

No comments: