Monday 9 May 2011

Sunday 8th May

Having little time to sit at the laptop and write this weeks update will be a bit brief!


With a near full house I wanted to draw a peg in the open water with a bit of room. What I actually drew was the narrowest peg around the island, peg 53! It can be a good summer peg as it has a long margin, but my hopes there weren't great as peg 55 was in, which is seldom used.


To save the boredom I'll not drag out my two carp and three roach for about 9lb! I sat in a row of six pegs where only two people weighed in, and to be honest I don't know why they bothered. The days frustrations weren't helped by the angler on the next peg firing pouches of corn down the margins into my peg and words were had, although in truth it probably had very little effect as the fish just wearn't there to catch! The open water pegs fished fairly steady with a few close weights and 47lb winning.


With a bit of luck the fish will spawn soon and spread out looking for some grub - allowing me to try and make something happen. It's frustrating sitting in summer weather catching less than I was in February.

No comments: