Wednesday 4 April 2012

It's Nearly Here!

I managed to get out down to Westside over the weekend, in the hope that there would be a few drop-out from the final round of the winter league, meaning I could fish as a "ringer". In all the winter leagues I've ever fished the last round always have a few ringers in, and I was second reserve - I thought I had a good chance of getting in, but I didn't!

I pleasure fished on the old lake, the first time in six months my match gear has been out! I had a dozen or so 2-4lb carp, plus a couple of smaller ones and a pair of crucians, predominantly on corn at 13m in the open water. In hindsight I'd probably have done better sitting in the shallower water round the island, but I didn't want to walk any further to be honest! And it was just nice being back out on the bank.

With the long bank holiday weekend coming up I'm hoping to sneak out, although my first wedding anniversary is on Sunday so that's a big no no, but failing that I'm definitely out the following weekend. It's good to be back - I wonder how rusty I'll be!

No comments: