Monday 17 March 2014

Winter League Update

Right-o, I have to start with an apology for not updating this blog with round four of the winter league, I've just been busy!

I had another 4th place last week, but with my closest competitor finishing second there is very little gap between us - and my worst result to drop is better than theirs meaning I drop more points, what a bummer! I also lost a fish at the net when a new lot of Preston 13h broke as I stripped it through the pull bung, which cost me a place. I've used the stuff since it came out in the late summer/early autumn of 2004 and never had a problem with it until now - but once is enough and it's all been stripped out and replaced with the new Dura Hollo 12.

I had hoped to give said new elastic a run out yesterday, and it looked promising at the draw with a decent peg (one that I won off a couple of weeks ago!) but it fished hard - very hard! There were three good weights in the frame but then very little caught - I tipped back two big crucians, a 3lb bream and some perch, not exactly the test run I hoped for it. I was going to write a blog as I've a few free days this week, but I think that time is better spent rig tying rather than writing about a match where I never saw a sign of a carp in my swim.

I'll definitely have a write up of the final round for you at some point next week, hopefully with a write up of a good match!

No comments: