Monday 14 January 2013

Sunday 13th Jan

Sorry to those who've been checking in for an early update - I've not been able to sit down with the laptop until now!

I wont bore you with the details of a dull day to be honest, as I managed just a handful of small silvers from a peg round the back of the island on the old lake. I wanted a peg in the open water, and preferably in the reeds with the advent of the cold, but didn't get either. Peg 72 won with about 24lb, and I think there was only one other double figure weight.

The island pegs were a real struggle and the only carp I saw caught from where I was sat was foul hooked.

I doubt that I'll be out next weekend, with the forecast weather added to the struggle that this winter has been makes ice breaking a chore I'm not willing to endure! I think I'll have a good tackle sort out instead. Hopefully the weather will clear up for the winter league that commences the week after.

No comments: